Saturday, May 12, 2018

Well Hello Again!

Hi friends!
I'm back!

And hopefully for a much longer stay this time.


This blog is going to be undergoing a few changes, mainly because so much in my life has changed these past few years. The biggest most important change? This man right here:


Jacobsen Miller. My literal Prince Charming. 

Guys, we have the best story. And I'm going to tell you. Way back in September of 2015, my roommate and I wanted to host a game night to meet people in our area and scope out some guys. We had an excellent turn out, maybe even too many people came. It was likely the promise of games and brownies, but I digress. Jake walked in with a few of his roommates, and he immediately caught my eye. But not (just) because he's gorgeous, but because I felt like I knew him somehow. So during our game night, I kept my eye on him, and ran through all the possibilities of how we would have met before. 
"Did he work at Disney? No, can't be that."
"Maybe the same high school?"
"What about my hometown?"
"Or college?"
"San Diego? We left California nearly 20 years ago, can't be that either."
So I sat there ruminating on all those possibilities for nearly two hours, when another girl at the party invited everyone to her backyard for a bonfire. As we all picked up our stuff and walked across the street, I worked up the courage to approach the handsome somewhat-stranger. Our conversation was as follows:

me: "Hi! You look so familiar! Did you grow up in San Diego, or something?"
him: "No. I'm from Canada."

And that was that. 

I'd definitely never been to Canada, so there was no way I had met him in the past, and his blunt response practically screamed 'NOT INTERESTED', so I backed off.

Friends. I admired him from afar for almost an entire year.

There was likely some divine intervention in early July of 2016, because I finally caught his attention. But, of course, I was planning a move to a new area of town August 1st, and I had already begun packing up my life. But suddenly, Jake asked me out on a date! We had the most stereotypical Provo first date at the BYU Creamery, and we talked for hours.

I think I knew he was the one that day.

He proposed on December 17 at the park where we had our first kiss. It was perfect and simple, just like Jake. I couldn't have asked for a better proposal.



Excuse the crazy blurry photo, but it's a screenshot from a video of the proposal. So look past that for me.  Jake had asked jokingly if I wanted to climb the tree we were standing under, and i'm not a huge fan of tree climbing, so when he tapped me on the shoulder and i turned around to see him on one knee, I was so dang relieved to know I didn't have to climb that dang tree. And to see that he was proposing, of course, but that face is mostly relief mixed with excitement.



No comments:

Post a Comment