Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A Week In, And Feelin' Good

Guys,

It's been a week of Less, and while we have not been perfect, I do find myself feeling great about how this week went!

We spent more money than I expected to on eating out, but it was unavoidable. We went down to San Diego for the weekend as a late holiday get-together with my in-laws, and we had to get fast-food for dinner on the way down, and lunch and dinner on the way home. We also had to take advantage of the Chick-Fil-A and Rubio's in town, because Monterey is depressingly lacking of most of the places we enjoy eating out at.

Aside from fast-food and gas for our weekend away, we successfully avoided any unnecessary purchases!  Jake is doing our grocery shopping tomorrow, and he's going in with a list and that's what he's sticking to! We sat down to meal plan today for the next week, and we realized we've run out of a lot of the food we typically have at home. Our grocery list is quite large, but it's got plenty of items that will last us a while, like frozen chicken breasts, rice and spices.

This week I decided to close my Capital One credit card account, because I can't justify their yearly fee compared to the 'benefits' I get from having the card. I am also wrapping up a book I've been reading on my Kindle that's been borrowed from the Amazon Prime Lending Library, and once that book is done, I will be closing my Prime account to share Jake's Prime Student account that is $100 cheaper annually.

Have you done anything recently to shave your spending that I haven't thought of quite yet? Please let me know if you have any awesome penny-pinching ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment