Wednesday, January 16, 2019

{I Love To See The Temple}

We moved from a city with TWO Latter-Day Saint Temples to a city with the nearest temple being two hours away.

Oh, and that temple is currently closed for renovations!

So that leaves us with the Fresno temple, which isn't even open all day (it literally closes for lunch. All the temple workers go home!) and the Sacramento temple which is 3.5 hours away.

A few months ago we made the drive to Sacramento, did a session, then had to head home so we would be in bed early enough for us to go to work the next morning! A 3.5 hour drive for one session!

So today, we wanted it to be a much different experience.

Yesterday, after work, Jake and I drove out to a hotel a few miles from the temple and stayed the night. We got up early this morning, got all ready, checked out of our room and got on our way.

We spent 5 hours inside the temple. It was a wonderful way to spend our day. We accomplished so much and got so many family names done.

We finished up our day with dinner at a Cafe Rio in town, stopped at Deseret Book, then headed home.


Real talk for a minute, guys: I really miss Utah. I miss being near family. I miss my job in Provo. I miss the restaurants we frequented and the friends we spent time with. I miss having a bunch of temples scattered around me for the picking. I miss being able to do temple service weekly. I miss being able to drive 10 minutes, do temple work, then head home with no financial cost to me.

I'm sure I'll adjust to being a California resident, eventually. But not today. Today I wish I had the beautiful new Provo City Center temple just a mile away from my front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment